Our investments include Coursera, Class Dojo, Remind, Master Class, Degreed, Guild Education, and many more leaders shaping the future of education. We invest in education technology leaders positioned to achieve disproportionate gains. Additionally, GSV hosts the world-renowned ASU+GSV Summit with some of the globe’s most prominent speakers including Bill Gates, John Legend, Malcolm Gladwell, and Priscilla Chan. We are now hiring an Associate passionate about entrepreneurship and education.
GSV Ventures is looking for our next high performing full-time Associate.
GSV Associates are primarily responsible for sourcing early-stage investment opportunities, as well as providing operational support to portfolio companies, driving global sector research, and developing themes and content for the ASU+GSV Summit.
Who we are looking for:
- We want our next team member to be highly curious, proactive, self-starting, tech-savvy, financially sophisticated, and passionate about transformative entrepreneurship.
- Ideal candidates will have strong VC and/or growth fund with direct deal experience or are coming from an operating role within edtech.
- Although an engineering degree or technical experience is not required, it is an advantage.
The expectations of the individual include:
- Be comfortable initiating dialogue and rapport with fund partners, CEOs of technology startups, and other senior industry experts
- Be highly inquisitive and relentless in identifying emerging trends
- Be constructively paranoid about missing out on the best emerging teams and companies
- Be able to aggressively sell the advantages of alignment with the GSV platform
- Be highly service and relationship-oriented when it comes to sector entrepreneurs and partners
- Have a hair on fire mentality in identifying companies and their founders that will have the greatest impact on the education/talent sector
- Be a self-starter who is collaborative and focused on elevating those around you