Investment AssociateApply Here
Outsiders Fund is a venture capital firm that invests at the Seed and Series-A stage and looks to partner with and support founders who are solving today’s problems in new and ingenious ways. Investments are made with an emphasis towards technology-driven solutions that seek to disrupt established, antiquated and long-standing industries. The fund is industry agnostic but focuses on finding investments with a core technology or data component, especially those that are driving some sort of analog to digital transformation. The firm was founded in early 2020 and is currently deploying capital out of its first fund.
Who you’d be working for:
*This is as close as you can get to the inner workings of building and growing a VC fund without actually launching one yourself. You will work directly alongside the founders of the fund touching on all aspects of the fund’s activities.*
As the only associate, you will work directly with the partners on every aspect of the business. You will have the liberty to build out your own sourcing pipelines, meet with founders, conduct due-diligence, and bring high potential investments to the partnership for review. You will work with actuel portfolio companies to support their growth and scaling initiatives. Additionally, you will help with internal strategic initiatives such as planning events, building our social media presence, and scaling internal business development resources.
This role is very autonomous but also incorporates direct mentorship. You can expect to have regular touchpoints with the founding team and learn tout parts of the business.
Who You Are:
- You are scrappy, take initiative, and can explore new ideas on your own.
- You are innately curious and are interested in learning about a wide variety of topics.
- You operate with the highest level of integrity where ‘doing the right thing’ always comes first.
- You engage in open, clear and direct communication with the team.
- You want to help founders go after their dreams and have an impact on the world.
- You can think laterally, drawing connections between people, products and resources.
- You are excited to dive into an early company and build something massive and lasting from scratch.
- 2–4 years in a technical or quantitative role, regardless of function (e.g., engineering, consulting, finance, analytics).
- Able to understand, navigate, and synthesize both basic financial models and technical decks.
- Ability to hold a healthy amount of skepticism, while also seeing the potential of new companies and ideas.
- Strong critical thinking skills — the ability to figure out the right questions to ask when meeting new companies.
- Ability to use and integrate both quantitative and qualitative data in your thinking.