Principal, Strategy & Corp Dev
Help us Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) empowers individuals through crypto by providing simple, elegant, and secure ways for people to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrency. We are a licensed cryptocurrency exchange and custodian with a focus on product, security, licensing and compliance.
Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Strategy & Corporate Development
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Strategy & Corporate Development, we cultivate relationships, build thoughtful partnerships, and manage firmwide strategic initiatives to support Gemini’s long-game approach to building a world-class crypto
The Role: Principal, Strategy & Corporate Development
Gemini is looking for a Principal in Strategy & Corporate Development to assist with analytical research skills, problem solving experience and the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships to drive strategic initiatives for the firm. Our team is looking for a self-starter with a passion for and knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner with high EQ who is dedicated to advancing the mission of Gemini as well as the cryptocurrency industry.
- Conduct market research, synthesize findings, and work with stakeholders to propose recommendations that shape the company and product strategy. Develop perspectives on key competitors, relative strengths and weaknesses, and implications for Gemini.
- Assist in the execution of mergers and acquisitions, including sourcing opportunities, conducting market analysis and coordinating various aspects of due diligence in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze problems and find creative solutions, apply quantitative analytical approaches and communicate them effectively and confidently with team members.
- Partner with senior team members to cultivate cross-functional relationships with executives an assist in the implementation of high priority strategic initiatives.
- Drive new partnerships within the industry from ideation through execution.
- Build and nurture strong connections with industry players, startups, and investors to be at th forefront of new developments.
- Contribute to improving the Strategy & Corporate Development team by enhancing existing processes and implementing new ones to streamline the function of the department.
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions and corporate investing
- Experience managing a CRM platform
- Excellent and efficient skills in Google sheets, slides, docs and drive
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and presentational; high attention to detail
- Strong work ethic; adherence and dedication to Gemini processes