Senior Operations Strategy Manager
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos - for example we're bringing DaBaby to Vegas & Cancun for a 4 day curated travel experience.
We are growing fast, with over $500 million in sales to date across hundreds of experiences at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices in Los Angeles and London, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.
The team’s main responsibility is to turn ideas and strategy into execution, creating the blueprint for our business in environments where everything is the “first time this has been done”. You will be joining a dynamic, versatile team that is responsible for both helping determine Pollen’s strategic direction and enabling teams to make those plans a reality.
Working cross-functionally across the business, you will drive major workstreams, problem solve and remove roadblocks, and serve as a thought leader to senior stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Lead & execute mission-critical projects: The Operations Strategy team works x-functionally to maximize performance and solve some of the company’s most critical strategic problems, implementing new initiatives, and supporting front-line teams
- Drive day to day operations and thrive off making the business run smoother: You will work with the Operations Strategy Director in areas including goal setting exercises, developing and optimizing business reporting mechanisms, and leading communications across the senior management team.
- Turn insights into action: Develop strategic insights from our data and translate these insights into concrete implementation plans.
- Build great stakeholder relationships: Lead x-functional projects with each of the Heads of / Directors for key functions to run the most efficient projects end-to-end.
- By the end of 6 months you will have received clear feedback that you are seen as an efficient leader of teams.
- Be a founding member of the team: The Operations Strategy team is brand new and growing, so you will be joining at a pivotal moment with an opportunity and expectation to have an impact in building our processes as we scale.
- 5+ years experience - we are open to a range of experience - be it in management consulting, analytics, or strategy and operations at a tech company - but we expect you to have consistently shown high achievement in your past roles.
- Experience in operationalizing strategy - experience in not only setting but implementing strategy while working with a variety of function areas is a huge plus
- Analytical and entrepreneurial - we’re a data-driven technology company so you’ll be expected to use data and help teams make reasoned judgements in everything you do. You’ll need to understand every element of the delivery of our products and how each function works in order to realize the biggest opportunities
- Effective and mature communicator - comfort in business and technical discussions, with ability to convey intricate ideas in a clear, concise manner verbally and through written documents or presentations.
- A brilliant integrator - you’ll collaborate with every function of the business at Pollen, and need to have the ability to manage stakeholders expertly and project manage complex projects with experience in building positive relationships and influencing others (incl. executive audiences).
- A team player - we like each other at Pollen and work hard to foster a great work environment where everyone can succeed. It’s important to us that you fit in well with our team ethos.