Strategic Finance Manager at Backflip
I currently work as a Strategic Consultant for Vanguard outside of Philadelphia - I’m excited to join the Propel community! I have degrees in both finance and accounting, and have been in the financial services / investment management sector for 5 years now. In addition to strategic consulting, I also have a few years working as a financial associate and pseudo chief of staff to Vanguard’s CFO.
- Goal 1 - Land an exciting new job in a domain that I’m passionate about
- Goal 2 - Broaden my network in the startup and venture investing industries
Currently Investing in
- Anything related to financial / business case modeling
- Ambiguous problem solving, structured thinking, and PowerPoint design / storytelling
- Business development and valuation analysis
- I also have experience standing up multiple new teams, implementing redesigned financial management reports, creating KPI / performance dashboards, and managing projects from initial ideation to final execution
- Advice - I’m actively looking to break into the startup world by trading in my corporate experience to build something alongside passionate and motivated individuals
- Connections - would love to connect with anyone who has experience leaving a corporate environment for a startup
- Leads for jobs - know anyone hiring for Strategic Finance, CoS, Biz/Corp Dev, or Biz Ops roles? Know of any additional resources to search for open positions (e.g., other slack communities, job boards, links, etc.)? Would love to hear more!