Hi all, my name is Aimee and I’m currently working part-time as a political fundraiser/consultant in NYC. I recently moved from DC where I spent six years working in politics (both on the Hill and in major donor fundraising). I’m currently looking to move into an investor relations/operations/COS-type role in NYC.
I'm originally from NC and am a born/bred/dead Tar Heel. Outside of work, I’m looking for the best New York bagel and waiting for live music to return.
- I'm excited to learn about the world outside of politics and how I can best add value in a new space.
- Trying to focus on continual professional development, versus just when I need to find a new job.
Experience & Interest
- Reviewing pitch docs/marketing materials for anyone raising funds
- Policy/advocacy brainstorming — if you are looking to connect with a specific lawmaker, agency, etc. I can help think through who the best person/group might be and how you can get to them
- Introductions to my contacts — I have a strong network in DC and on the west coast. Happy to make connections where helpful!
- I’m looking for a new role in NYC that would enable me to utilize my fundraising skills (relationship building, marketing, supporting high-profile individuals) in a non-political setting. Super open to whatever that sector might be, but ideally at a smaller firm/company. Would be grateful for a heads up on any roles that would be a good fit!
- Also really interested in learning more about the COS space and what that looks like in a variety of companies. Always available to speak with folks willing to share their experience!