Business ManagerApply HereContact Employer
As Business Manager you will play a critical role in bridging gaps and shared needs across the project management, operations, client finance, and resource management disciplines. In partnership with Senior Directors of Business Management, you will have overlapping responsibilities with the Project Management team respective to budgeting, team staffing and revenue forecasting and recognition – as well as with Operations and Finance respective to overall staff utilization and shared vs dedicated resources. You will own your responsibilities, but also have a clear sense of when to share information or partner with other disciplines to achieve your and the agency’s goals. Your main objectives are to provide an additional layer of support and accuracy to: - Both account-specific and cross-agency staffing - level and quantity of each discipline for dedicated and shared staff - understanding of ebbs and flows of work - comprehension of above bullets and their impact on dedicated and freelance staff utilization - analytical responsibilities - Monthly, quarterly, annual revenue forecasts by account - ensuring delivery of the most accurate forecasts for the work at hand, staffing allocations, and signed contracts - partnering with Business Management leads, Client Service and PM teams to ensure there is a solid work and staff plan in place to recognize forecasted revenue In addition to your BM role, you will also help lead the development of new business and internal agency pursuits and strategically position our integrated marketing, media and communications agency for continued growth. You will ensure that new business and internal agency pursuits are delivered to the highest standard through enforcement of the Evoke development processes and agency SOPs, and ongoing collaboration with pitch team counterparts.
Business Management responsibilities
- Has a strong financial, operational, and project management background.
- Partners with Business Management, PM and Client Services leads for assigned accounts, as well as Agency-wide Operations, Client Finance, and Resource Management/Recruitment leads to ensure they have a solid grasp on both the micro and macro views as they relate to staffing, utilization, and revenue.
- Identifies potential staffing or revenue risks, In partnership with Business managers develops mitigation strategies, and implements appropriate course of action to address potential loss of revenue, or staffing/resourcing challenges.
- Fosters a “client-centric” and collaborative attitude within the agency.
- Escalates issues to BM lead that may require process implementation or refinement.
- Champions the agency’s practices and procedures; enforces agency policies to help ensure compliance across the disciplines with which they partner.
- Provides analytical support, highlighting trends and analyzing reasons/causes. Conduct deep dives when observing abnormal trends and identify potential risks
- Monitor and own utilization distribution for the agency and report on trends with support from Business Management leads
BM Partnership with Project Management
- Closely monitors initial creation and revisions to each assigned account’s staff plan and work with BM on combined roll-up across assigned accounts. Leverages both the individual account staff plans as well as the agency roll-up and tracks any deviations.
- Is aware of staffing gaps or bandwidth (for both dedicated and shared resources) on individual assigned accounts, as well as combined roll-up of assigned accounts.
- Attends both internal financial reviews with PM and Client Service team, and external financial reconciliations with Client or Partners/Vendors.
- Is aware of any planned or in-progress SOWs/COs for incremental or reduced effort/hours/staff dedication.
- Attends any meetings discussing staffing concerns or changes for assigned accounts and provides clear, logical and operationally-focused feedback on suggested staffing changes.
BM Partnership with Operations, Client Finance, Resource Management
- With support from the BM leads, PM and Client Service leads for assigned accounts, owns the revenue forecasting process, and attends weekly revenue dashboard meeting.
- Is the go-to for any revenue forecast or recognition questions.
- Is continually apprised of staff PTO, ebbs and flows of work, potential client delays, and keeps close track of these details across assigned accounts in order to provide additional insight on team bandwidth, utilization, management and allocations of staffed resources, and potential staffing needs.
- Partners with resource manager to provide additional insight into resource bandwidth or staffing needs
- Provide additional reference details in new hire approval decisions
- Provides insight for over-or-under-utilized staff
Business Development responsibilities and partnership
- Assists Business Management lead on responsibilities that include development of scope, budget and process presentations for new business opportunities
- Partners with Business Management lead, Client Finance, Agency Management and Client team for completion of required documentation for RFP and pitches
- Supports Business Development Project Management deliverables (scopes, tactical budgets, and associated staffing plans) prior to Executive Leadership review
- In partnership with BM lead, identifies potential project risks, implements appropriate course of action to address and develops strategies to mitigate risk
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
- 4+ years of relevant project management, financial, analyst or operational experience in an advertising agency.
- Working knowledge of the financial and revenue forecast/recognition process, and agency staffing and utilization principles
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical marketing industry (e.g. direct-to-consumer, direct-to-professional, etc) and regulatory process
- Proven communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills; Deep analytical and planning skills.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing marketplace dynamics.
Evoke is a global brand, experience, and communications agency platform, purpose-built to make health more humanTM We’re a dynamic global healthcare platform of comprised of practice areas and speciality agencies – adaptive, agile and designed around our clients. We provide frictionless access to a uniquely comprehensive offering and one of the industry’s deepest and most dynamic collections of talent. We use data-driven insights, creativity, and applied innovation to solve the most complex of problems in our marketplace. Our digital-first perspective means we can unlock the potential of today and shape tomorrow. It is our goal to provide our people with the best possible support and environment to grow and thrive. Our culture is entrepreneurial – embracing yet not stifling. We work hard because we love what we do. We believe strongly in intelligent innovation. Evoke provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company paid benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement. Evoke and Huntsworth Health are equal opportunity employers.