Chief of OperationsApply HereContact Employer
Apply NowContact Employer
Newsette Media Group is seeking a Chief Operating Officer to oversee the company's day-to-day operations and departments, across our media company, The Newsette, and creative agency, Newland.
You will work alongside our executive team to execute our short and long-term vision, ensuring all operational needs are met.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Newsette Media Group, becoming an expert on every facet of the business.
- Maximize employee productivity, ensuring we are always furthering our mission to build an inclusive culture where people love to work while meeting organizational goals.
- Build KPIs for organizational leads and ensure those KPIs are effectively being communicated and met by reports.
- Establish internal and external processes to streamline work and deliver against stakeholder expectations, including implementing tools and systems as needed.
- Focus on fostering and building revenue, profit, and client reach/satisfaction.
- Conduct regular meetings with team leads and wider company to assess and measure against Company health, ensuring continual optimizations for success.
- Ensure we are accurately forecasting and meeting budget, revenue, and profitability goals.
- Serve as daily point of contact for all org leads, acting as the ultimate backstop for any organizational hurdles or challenges.
- Steward our biggest hopes and dreams into achievable and measurable goals that are met each quarter.
- Ensure all decisions are grounded in pragmatism and from a lens of what will be best for the organization and its team members.
- At least 12 years of experience, with 5 in an executive level position, such as C-level, General Manager, or Vice President.
- Experience must be within the marketing agency (creative, PR, communications, etc.) or media industry. Exposure to startup-type environments is ideal.
- Strong background in finance (including managing a P&L), budgeting, sales, business growth, and strategic planning.
- Proven success as an operational leader and a track record of implementing process and change to improve and grow an organization.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Excitement around working at a small and scrappy environment- while this is a high-level management role, you should not be afraid to roll up your sleeves as needed!
- Comprehensive healthcare plan including vision and dental
- Health benefit plans include access to One Medical and a dedicated health care concierge via Rightway
- Mental health benefits include access to Headspace and Spring Health for personalized therapy and four covered therapy/psychiatry sessions
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual Learn-A-Latte lifelong learning stipend
- WFH tech package
- Gym reimbursement
- Company-supported team gatherings, both remote and in-person
- Flexible remote/WFH environment
- Unlimited photos requests of Leo the Poodle, our Chief Happiness Officer
We are proud to be building a fun and challenging workplace that is free from discrimination. We believe that a team made up of diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives will make for a better working environment and stronger company.