Chief of StaffApply HereContact Employer
The Opportunity We’re a rapidly growing startup moving towards several major milestones over the next six months, including raising another round of funding, growing brand partnerships, and launching our app. We’re looking for a brilliant Chief of Staff to support our Founder & CEO, Auja Little (Stanford GSB, Visible Hands Fellow), channelling her direction effectively across the entire business. In this role, you’ll help push forward initiatives across product, content, and partnerships and help shape the direction of our company. This role is remote and part-time, with the option to convert to full-time. The ideal trajectory for the Chief of Staff will be to graduate into a more focused senior managerial role within the company within 12-18 months.
- Participating in all strategic planning sessions to develop our go-to-market focus, brand positioning, and marketing strategy
- Developing and optimizing business strategy, processes, operational tech solutions
- Developing and documenting business strategy and processes
- Innovating & executing on self-guided initiatives to add value (we love independent thinkers!)
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives, facilitate special projects, and ensure action items are executed on behalf of our Founder.
- Serve as a thought partner to our Founder, standing in on meetings, challenging ideas and offering a different perspective, and following up on action items with the team accordingly.
- The Chief of Staff will:
- Learn what it takes to scale a startup in the beauty / social commerce space
- Learn how to develop and grow a brand from the ground up
- Learn how to grow an audience using strategic content, even before launch
- Learn how to test and evaluate product-market-fit
- Learn how to design and hire an organization for scalability
Who You Are
The ideal candidate for this role: - Has passion for entrepreneurship and the beauty industry - Has grit (this is a roll-up-your-sleeves and GSD type of job) - Demonstrates strong strategic thinking: ability to ingest and process information holistically - Has strong attention-to-detail: perfectionistic eye to ensure every work output is polished - Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills - Has an analytical & quantitative rigor, including fluency with Excel - Comfortable with ambiguity, change, demonstrating resilience and ability to work at pace - Is resourceful and creative - and able to figure things out very quickly - Has a bias for action, and enjoys diving into new areas We're an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Diversity and inclusion aren't just lip service to us -- we walk the walk while we talk the talk.