Chief of StaffApply HereContact Employer
Who we are
Let’s Get Set is an MIT- and female-founded venture-backed fintech with a vision to make paths to upward mobility possible for the 90M Americans making $40,000 or less. We aspire to be their go-to-financial partner by building a financial platform that guides them through key financial moments unique to them. Our first product leverages a webapp and textline integration to support families in securing $5,500 in tax-time refunds - $12B of which they leave unclaimed every year. Our tax product helped 1,400 families secure $9.3M in tax credits this past year, and we are now building partnerships and building out v2 of our product to reach and serve 40,000 new parents next tax season. Our diverse team of eight (5 full-time and 3 advisors and contractors) shares a passion for making economic mobility possible for low-income Americans, a strong work-ethic, a “can-do” attitude, and deep empathy.
- Commitment to our users and their financial health, and to building products that create more just, fair, and equitable systems.
- Empathy to build for the user's context and to respect their needs and perspectives.
- Honest and ethical decisions and communications.
- Humility to let users tell us what they need.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to our CEO. You’ll be her right-hand person, serving as a thought partner on strategy, partnerships, and operations. You share a passion for our vision and an excitement for the opportunity to jump in at the ground level of a fast growing startup. You have experience in a similar function or have worked in partnerships, strategy, or operations in prior roles at early-stage companies or in nonprofits. You have a true growth mindset, are a self-starter with a high level of comfort in ambiguity, and easily prioritize the most impactful tasks. You must have strong analytical and research skills and thrive in environments where you are given significant responsibility and must learn quickly. You are highly organized and able to priortize the details, while also pulling up to discuss high-level strategy. Given the wide range of responsibility and exposure to all aspects of the company, a good fit is someone who is interested in building their skills across a variety of business areas. This may mean they are either coming directly out of an MBA program or are looking to go back to school to pursue an MBA or another graduate degree in the next few years.
About the Role
This full-time role can be remote or hybrid (with co-working in San Francisco HQ). You will work closely with the founder & CEO and therefore have hands-on exposure to realities of scaling a startup. As part of a small (and growing!) team, each person contributes substantially to the culture and working environment. Within three months, you will… - Have supported cultivation and management of 3-5 partners to ensure we reach 40,000 users during tax season. Create corresponding support materials to present to potential partners. Have supported the CEO in preparing for meetings with potential and current partners, including scheduling. - Be managing key aspects of hiring, legal, and accounting. - Support CEO in investor communications. Within six months, you will… - Manage relationships with nonprofit and fintech partners who are supporting our goal of reaching 40,000 users. Create written and video materials to support them in making successful referrals. - Manage aspects of our core product, including implementation of its text component. - Conduct research to inform post-tax time savings and benefits features. - Continue overseeing key aspects of hiring, legal, and accounting. Within a year, you will …. - Be leading aspects of our business like operations, product, or strategy, as we work to advance the financial security of low-income parents and making our platform their go-to-financial partner - Have been crucial in supporting 40,000 new parents in securing up to $180M in tax credits and building new and innovative features making us their go-to-financial partner.
- 3+ years of work experience in partnerships cultivation, strategy, operations, or product management.
- Experience at a small company, start-up, or non-profit preferred.
- Lived experience with and/or empathy for families facing financial instability.
- Residing within the United States with work authorization. Applicants from groups that are historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.
We’ve designed our hiring process to move quickly but thoughtfully. Here’s how it works: - Submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interest in the role and qualifications. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. - 30-minute interview with CEO - 30-minute interview with CTO - Virtual “on-site” to include 45-minute mock assignment and 15-min presentation of findings w/ CEO
Compensation & Perks
- Salary is dependent on geography and experience of the applicant, but will range from $70k-$85k.
- Equity of up to .2% with vesting
- Unlimited vacation days (we believe strongly in prioritizing time for self-care and family/friends, mental health days, 3-day weekends, and the creativity and energy that comes from unplugging and recharging).
- Love to learn? So do we! We’ll offer you a $500 stipend towards any training or conferences.
- Opportunity to contribute in a leadership role at an early-stage startup with continuous growth opportunities.
- Opportunity to help co-create a company culture that is rooted in appreciation and celebrates experimentation, learning from quick failures, and impact. We look forward to hearing from you!