Chief of StaffApply HereContact Employer
About the Role:
The Milo team is looking for a Chief of Staff to join us in our Miami HQ. The Chief of Staff will provide strategic, tactical execution on a variety of operational tasks and business needs. Reporting directly to our CEO and working closely with Milo’s leadership team you will support highly important, complex projects; define and drive key strategic initiatives; and provide ad hoc support where necessary on projects that are under-resourced, early staged, ambiguous to a functional area, and important for our continuous growth! This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit that excels in communication, strategic planning, and collaboration & thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment! This role is expected to last 18-24 months, after which the Chief of Staff would move to another role internally in an operational capacity.
- Work directly alongside the CEO to assist on all aspects of company growth, management, and operations
- Plan, lead, and manage high priority initiatives with timely delivery
- Manage day-to-day activities in support of strategic goals across the company
- Help manage the CEO's schedule and various operational logistics
- Think strategically to identify opportunities for improved communication flow, innovation, and efficiency across departments
- Provide ad hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, supporting the roll-out of internal initiatives, project management, and more
- Build scalable and sustainable business procedures through collaboration with leadership
- Solve hard problems that aren't otherwise owned by functional leaders
- Prepare for and run key team and corporate-wide meetings including Operations Leadership meetings, Company All Hands, and other ad-hoc strategy discussions
- Collaborate with department leads to develop, track, and target team-wide success metrics across our quarterly operations reviews
- Work directly with the CEO to prepare data-driven updates for our Board of Directors and Investment Team, helping prepare for board presentations and shareholder updates
- 3+ years experience at a high-growth startup in strategy or operations
- BA/BS required, MBA or an advanced degree from a reputable Business school a plus
- Expert project management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize competing initiatives
- Creative problem solver with strong business acumen
- Detail oriented with solid analytical skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, preferably with growing startups
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders, external partners and internal staff
- Excellent presentation skills - capable of developing and delivering compelling presentations, and running efficient and productive meetings
- Ability to drive initiatives with minimal structure and be influential up, down, and across the organization
- Enthusiastic about breaking down complex problems into actionable recommendations
- Comfortable working across organizations, from the C-suite to associates and from engineers to sales teams
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in Fintech, the mortgage industry, Real Estate, Real Estate Tech, or a startup environment
- Start-up experience and prior experience with a hyper growth company
- Understanding of foreign national consumers
- Multilingual (English, Spanish, & Portuguese)
We're self-starters who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we do. Our culture is high output and low drama—doing great work, constantly improving and celebrating our success. If you've got vision, drive, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude, you'll fit right in. The Milo team is creating new technology solutions that are both elegant and scalable, and if that fires you up, join us!
Our Core Values:
Always do what is right and fair - for our clients, our partners, and our company.
Create simple solutions. Move Fast. Build trust through the process.
Our team is always learning! We’re not afraid to ask questions, make mistakes, and find new ways.
We work hard through our challenges, commit to a plan, and never give up in the process!
Our Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation to the market and tech ecosystem
- Stock options, giving you ownership in a fast-growing company
- Generous vacation policy with 4 weeks PTO per year, encouraging our employees to disconnect, relax, & reenergize.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance with up to $1,000 of premiums covered per month
- Option to save for your future and enroll into our 401K program
- Your choice of equipment for you to get your job done!
- Fully stocked kitchen & fridge -- with all the coffee, seltzers, & snacks you’ll need to fuel yourself through the day
- Monthly social hours including virtual game nights, ping pong tournaments, happy hours, etc.
- Quarterly out of office team-building events
- New office in vibrant Wynwood with a fun, energetic, & hardworking team committed to creating a product making a difference!