Chief Of StaffApply HereContact Employer
Hi, we're Nuts.com!
Nuts.com is a self-funded, profitable, rapidly growing multi-channel DTC specialty food and wellness company with over 550 people on our team. We're changing the landscape of snacking on nuts, dried fruit, chocolate and more! We planted our roots in Newark, New Jersey during the Great Depression, selling premium nuts on Mulberry Street's open-air market. We've come quite a long way since then, taking our multi-generational family business online in 1999. Even after 93 years, we continue to pride ourselves in expertly sourcing the highest quality foods and treating our customers like family. What's our team like? We're driven, collaborative and entrepreneurial. Energy and passion power our business and we look for candidates who share in that excitement to help us continue to build something special.
We are searching for a highly qualified Chief Of Staff to work directly with our President to manage and drive key operational initiatives across the business, ensuring full alignment and accountability across the organization. The Chief Of Staff is a high-visibility strategic partner and thought leader that leads the coordination and strategic alignment of diverse business functions. They are responsible for streamlining high-importance projects and conducting leadership level internal and external initiatives that have significant impact on the company’s business objectives. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to execute key projects and initiatives across the company. The Chief Of Staff possesses strong leadership qualities and is a detail-oriented, organized, analytical, and strategic thinker.
What you’ll do:
Internal Operations / Business Operations
- Prepare for key team and company wide meetings including Leadership Team meetings, Weekly Business Reviews, All Hands, and other strategic discussions
- Keep the President accountable for her projects and commitments, while helping keep reports accountable to their key deliverables and results
- Collaborate with department leads to develop and track team-wide success metrics across our quarterly operations reviews
- Manage all planning sessions, check-ins, and review meetings alongside the President
Strategic & Incubation
- Effectively partner with internal and external key stakeholders and be involved in a wide range of initiatives, including structuring strategy and vision, drive process and cost optimization projects, etc.
- Drive multi year strategic and annual planning to assure all departments are in sync and near term initiatives support the long term goals (strategic and financial).
- Research, develop, and lead near-term business strategies (12 months) and setting up the incubation pipeline focused on discovering and iterating on the biggest, and boldest solutions for the company
- Project-manage a broad spectrum of activities, ranging from highly strategic to tactical, and play a key role in helping the organization focus on achieving its business goals
- Perform market research, competitive analysis, execute data analysis and create financial models to support project recommendations
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar field
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in a Chief of Staff, Operations, or Strategy-related role
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills - you can develop and deliver engaging presentations, and run efficient and productive meetings
- Highly analytical, strategic, and creative thinking with strong business acumen and modeling skills
- Strong operational and strategy experience, preferably at a fast-growing company
- The ability to drive initiatives with minimal structure and be influential within the organization to garner internal support for initiatives
- You can see around corners and anticipate where the organization might need your help (based on access to lots and lots of information)
- A strong bias to action; no challenge is too great!
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or similar field
- eCommerce experience
- Experience with data analysis and financial modeling
- Experience with budget management
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project management and reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication **We have a hybrid work environment in our beautiful and state of the art office in Jersey City**
What we offer
- A challenging role in a rapidly evolving business
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and 401K Match
- Paid Maternity, Adoption and Paternity leave
- And all the Nuts.com snacks your heart desires + a 40% employee discount
Nuts.com is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.