CopywriterApply HereContact Employer
Lox Club is a members-only dating app for people with ridiculously high standards. We’ve been profitable since day one and are backed by VCs and celebrities. Our domestic and international waitlist is rapidly expanding, and we now have the resources to pour fuel on the fire. Read more about us in Vogue, New York Times, and Forbes.
Lox Club's north star is to help people find love in non-cringey ways. We weave in some magic and mystery with our storytelling to create a ‘secret speakeasy’ experience that comes to life on and off the app. Our app is just the tip of the iceberg, and we have big dreams to create more products and experiences, both digital and in real life.
The world is quickly shifting to a culture where transparency is king - people want to connect with the stories and characters behind their favorite brands. This is our advantage, since Lox Club’s foundation is based on an authentic story and relatable experience. Our brand – satirical storytelling combined with heartwarming purpose – can be expanded to pretty much any new medium. Lox Club is looking for a creative thinker, storyteller, and self-starter with excellent writing skills to help us grow into a household name. As a key member of our creative team, you will write and oversee copy across product, marketing, and social media. You’ll work closely with the marketing and design teams to brainstorm ideas and develop messaging that captures our brand voice and humor. Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, witty, and imaginative writer with an eye for detail, deep understanding of our brand voice, and a passion for storytelling.
What You’ll Do
- Write fresh, creative copy across product, marketing, and social channels that drives brand connection with existing and prospective members
- Comfortably vary voice and style based on desired target audience and platform
- Refine and deliver on brand value prop, tone, and personality
- Collaborate cross-functionally from concept development to delivery
- Elevate brand voice while ensuring consistency across channels and alignment with our style guidelines and visual identity
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and industry trends.
Who You Are
- Equally creative and strategic. You have serious writing chops and are passionate about creating high-quality work
- Organized and collaborative with keen attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible: comfortable being thrown into challenges and problem solving
- Diplomatic: work cross-functionally with the team and reconcile opinions with data
- Scientific, organized, data-driven, process-oriented thinker
- Highly action-oriented - you love to get stuff done and fast!
- Social media savvy
- Dynamic and warm, with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3+ years of professional copywriting experience
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Proven ability to craft a compelling narrative that aligns with larger brand and business goals
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Content marketing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline preferred
- Competitive salary, equity, and healthcare benefits
- Experience at the ground floor of a fast-growing startup
- Access to co-working spaces for remote work
- Fun team activities and field trips
- Lox Club & Spielman’s Deli merch
- People bugging you to get them into Lox Club
To apply, submit us a writing sample, with your resume and a cover letter, at firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you are a good fit for the position and Lox Club so we can get an idea of your work and writing style. Feel free to include a link to your content or portfolio in your application. Make sure to include the position title you are applying for in the subject line.