CTO Fellowship Manager and Startup Business DevelopmentApply HereContact Employer
The AWS Startup Team exists to align the resources of AWS with builders from all backgrounds. We work directly with startups and investors globally, delivering programs and resources that increase their potential for success. The team is comprised of a rare group of high-caliber founders, working within Amazon to drive AWS strategy and support the next generation of startup entrepreneurs.
As part of the Startup Team, we created the CTO Fellowship, to offer venture-backed CTOs guidance, resources, and community. We are growing the program exponentially, with a CTO community that lasts for the entire company lifecycle. You’ll be instrumental in helping this program reach scale globally while being the Program Manager for the CTO Fellowship in the US and Canada.
Candidates must have a background in the startup ecosystem, ideally as a program manager or platform lead for a technology company, venture capital firm, or accelerator. We are looking for someone who has run and built programs from the ground up, with a focus on unique events, active forums, and high-value introductions. A keen sense of ownership, customer empathy, and scrappiness is a must.
Key job responsibilities
- Create strategic events that help CTOs build enduring companies based on customer feedback
- Execute relationship building and networking programs for CTOs
- Develop and refine operational playbooks to ensure there is a high bar for program execution
- Experiment with new ways to deepen engagement within the CTO community
- Perform customer research to deepen our understanding of the startup CTO journey
- Deliver data-driven insights to senior management about progress, achievements, and roadblocks
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 3-5+ years of program management experience for a technology company, venture capital firm, or accelerator
- Demonstrated experience in managing a community (e.g., events, meetups, clubs, etc.)
- Passion for helping startups and empathy for the founder's journey
- Strong end to end program manager with operational rigor
- Creative problem solver excels at executing and adapting plans for effectiveness
- Self-starter who is curious, eager to ask questions and seek input
- Experience doing customer research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Team player who rolls up their sleeves to get things done and collaborates well
- Excellent verbal and written communicator