Director of Product MarketingApply HereContact Employer
Are you able to wholly embrace a mission and make it a reality? Do you possess a strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making? Have you got a proven record of successfully launching products and programs globally and locally? Would you say have a global perspective and can work across numerous time zones Do you relish the opportunity to do hard things? If this sounds like you, read on…..
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyze transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource - its people. The African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared vision to harness Africa’s abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and connecting 2 million young leaders by 2030. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019. ALX and The Room are two brands of the African Leadership Group. ALX is our training arm, focused on developing skills for the fourth industrial revolution (software engineering, data science, UX design, cyber security, etc.) to ensure that Africa is able to compete effectively as the world undergoes a digital transformation. The Room is our talent placement arm, a community that our young talent join to access global work opportunities. To learn more about us, please read this article about why we launched The Room & this article about the impact of our development programs in African youth. This pitch deck outlines our value proposition to prospective customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Product Marketing is responsible for our go-to-market strategy. In this role, you will partner closely with our Chief Revenue Office and report directly to the Chief Marketing Office. Together with the team, you will build the brand plan, develop the product roadmap, and construct the demand generation plan in support of customer goals. You will leverage customer insights across multiple global markets to develop product positioning to drive brand awareness and sales. You will have the opportunity to take your previous experience and come into an organization and build the business from the ground up. You will have the resources and support to drive the planning and execution required to meet both short-term and long-term goals. Join us in creating 2M opportunities for aspiring African leaders! This is the role for you if your super powers include: - Using insights and data to inform user narratives and programs that improve the customer experience leading to product awareness and adoption, and business growth. - Leveraging consumer and product research to develop messaging and programs that drive customer growth - Developing strong relationships with product engineers and sales managers - You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, at ease and calm with frequent pivots in priorities - You are experienced working with creatives and media, both in house and agency, to create and measure world-class campaigns.
- BA/BS degree with MBA or equivalent with marketing emphasis
- 8+ years experience in product marketing
- 3+ years experience managing teams
- Experience working with product management and engineering organizations
- Strong quantitative analytical ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including executive presentations
- A strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships and a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced tech environment
- Passion for and understanding of the social media industry and its changing landscape
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience in creative or media agency account management or planning experience is a plus We would like to remind you that this is a remote job, which means that you can work from anywhere in the world. However, the role requires significant overlap with Pacific Time and some overlap with East Africa Time