Front End DeveloperApply HereContact Employer
According to Forbes, “Networking is the key tool to growth in a resourceful career.” But there is no blue-collar equivalent to LinkedIn. We believe that not having a dedicated employment network is an accessibility, equality, and equity issue. Gigzilla is a funded technology startup headquartered in Virginia. We are a future of work, network effect, and data company. We are a distributed company and we work in different geographies and time zones. Our team includes alumni from Stanford, UVA, MIT, and Virginia Tech. We are currently operating in stealth mode. Gigzilla is looking for a front-end developer to join our small but growing technology team.
- Maintain high coding standards with the ability to write clean, reusable, maintainable, secure and documented code
- Build client code using modern web frameworks and technologies (React, React + Redux, Material UI, SCSS, CSS). Experience with Typescript is a plus.
- Work as part of a cross-site development team to drive design, implementation, testing, and release of products
- Work with UX and Design to standardize and simplify UI development practices
- Build modular/reusable UI components from design mock-ups (Figma)
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle, from concept to release
- Stay current with the latest development best practices, and technologies, and share your findings with the team
- Fix production issues and maintain the code as needed Basic Qualifications
- 1 to 3+ years of experience with modern web application technologies (ES6, TypeScript, React/VueJS)
- Experience building design and UI component libraries and using tools like Storybook
- Experience with testing frameworks (Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress)
- Experience using UI libraries (Material UI, React-Bootstrap, Chakra UI)
- Experience developing, promoting, and building consensus across design and engineering teams.
- Experience working with UX designer specifications and design tokens (Figma)
- Experience working with APIs for rapid frontend development
- Strong understanding of web application design principles such as usability/accessibility, performance, responsive web design, and security
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you’re interested in learning what it’s like to work for a startup with a social mission and a fun team (if we do say so ourselves), please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. At Gigzilla, we believe the future of work requires new networks.