Head of Product DesignApply HereContact Employer
About the Role
As our first Product Designer at Baton, you’ll partner closely with our co-founders to bring Baton’s digital products. You’ll identify and design solutions to help small business owners get paid for their life’s work, and help anyone buy a small business.
You’ll develop and manage our design system, create and test prototypes with users, incorporate feedback, and refine concepts into high-fidelity product designs. You’ll collaborate with engineers to evaluate scope and document features and provide support through delivery to ensure we’re shipping a high-quality user experience. You’ll build a best-in-class design organization and play a critical role in defining and bringing our product culture to life.
On a day-to-day basis, you will...
- Partner closely with our co-founders to bring the Baton vision to life through elegantly designed digital products
- Develop our design system, translating our brand design into a system for the digital space, with consideration for our multiple user archetypes as well as accessibility standards
- Develop UX artifacts such as affinity and app maps, user journeys, and service maps
- Partner with Product to plan UX research activities, including recruiting, scheduling, creating
- Own the UX research function and champion the distribution of user knowledge as our team grows
- Recruit and hire best-in-class product designers, UX researchers, and designers
- Oversee all of our brand assets to tell our brand story and ensure continuity
You have significant experience (likely 5+ years) of working as a product designer embedded in an agile product development team - Have 2+ years of functional management experience - Have a natural product instinct that guides you and a track record of launching successful products in the wild - Have a track record of hiring and developing junior talent - Enjoy developing processes and systems that help your team work smarter and more efficiently - You're a methodical designer that leverages qualitative and quantitative data but doesn’t let that get in the way of your gut - Lead with a high degree of empathy, for the user and your fellow coworkers - Are passionate about building incredible, high-quality products that drive impact for users Are passionate about helping people become successful small business owners and get paid for their life’s work.
- Work from anywhere
- 100% employer-paid healthcare options
- Meaningful pay, equity, and 401K option
- Unlimited PTO and 10 mandatory vacation days
- On-demand mental health support from Spill
- Team offsites
- Apple laptop of your choice
- WeWork membership
- Parental leave program
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of small business owners and their communities Does this position sound like a good fit? We'd love to hear from you!