Lead AnalystApply HereContact Employer
Our growing Analytics team is looking for our first Data Analyst to join our ranks, who can take on an important role in building and improving BANYAN products that directly lead to company growth. You’ll report to the Director of Product Operations & Analytics, and work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organization on projects that will drive our growing business. We are searching for someone who is not only passionate about our mission, but is hungry for growth and loves diving into data to surface and share key insights with the broader team. The ideal candidate is excited to adapt to the evolving priorities of a growing startup – which may mean analyzing and presenting on product performance for executives one day, while iterating on SQL transformations for our production data product the next.
What you’ll do
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for key sales efforts, proof-of-concepts, fundraising & investor reports, and product & growth strategy
- Refine and develop new metrics in internal BI dashboard(s)
- Develop templatized report(s) for evaluating client data and other common use cases
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and Data Science to design and measure experiments in product features
- Evaluate prospective partner, vendor, and client data as needed to understand quality and utility to Banyan’s product goals
- Partner with data engineering and other stakeholders to improve our core data product
What you bring
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in data analytics and/or business intelligence, preferably in a tech company or startup supporting Product teams
- Excellent SQL skills to explore data and build informative reports in BI tools
- Experience with data evaluation, transformation, and modeling
- Good communication and storytelling skills (written and verbal) to inform and persuade stakeholders
- Attention to detail and desire for end-to-end ownership of deliverables
- Self-motivated, proactive, and fairly autonomous; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative with a positive attitude, interest in learning, and strong sense of empathy Bonus points for
- Experience with Python in ETL contexts
- Familiarity with analytics engineering practices, e.g. LookML or dbt, version control and GitHub actions, etc.
- Familiarity with retail media, CPG, or financial transaction data We recognize that many great applicants will come with differing levels of experience and backgrounds (or may not have worked with the specific tools in our stack), so if you are interested in the role and passionate about our company vision and mission, but feel discouraged because you don’t match all the items, please apply anyway – there’s a good chance you also have important skills we haven’t stated.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Work-from-home remotely, w/ occasional travel (job-dependent)
- Option to work semi-regularly in office if located near Chicago, IL or Holmdel, NJ offices
- Learning and development initiatives & assistance BANYAN is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.