Lead Analytics EngineerApply HereContact Employer
Our growing Analytics team is looking for our first Analytics Engineer to join our ranks, who can take on an important role in building our internal analytics infrastructure and partner with other teams to enable great decision making at BANYAN. You’ll report to the Director of Product Operations & Analytics, and work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organization on analytics initiatives that will drive our growing business. We are searching for someone who is not only passionate about our mission, but is also a systems thinker who can help sort through disparate needs of the business and create structure in our analytics products. The ideal candidate is excited to adapt to the evolving priorities of a growing startup – which may mean writing SQL transformations for our production data product one day, while implementing a new tool or piece of infrastructure the next.
What you’ll do
- Write and deploy robust data models and transformation pipelines that support core analytics products, reporting, and analysis
- Co-develop and manage core analytics metrics and reports with Banyan analysts
- Partner with data engineering, data operations, and other stakeholders to improve our data ingestion and processing tools
- Participate in customer data evaluations and modeling as necessary for advanced or novel use cases
- Catalog and document our data, ensure accuracy, and create & improve datasets to meet Banyan needs
- Create documentation and relevant packaging for Banyan team members on how to best use our analytics products and infrastructure
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, best practices, and new tools and methodologies for our analytics infrastructure
What you bring
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in analytics engineering and/or business intelligence, preferably in a tech company or startup
- Excellent analytical SQL skills; understand the difference between SQL that works, and performant SQL
- Experience with Python
- Experience with data modeling and transformation
- Experience with engineering best practices, e.g. version control, Git, CI/CD, etc.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail and desire for end-to-end ownership of deliverables
- Self-motivated, proactive, and fairly autonomous; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative with a positive attitude, interest in learning, and strong sense of empathy
Bonus points for
- Experience with dbt, dataform, or similar tooling
- Familiarity with data orchestration tools like Airflow, Prefect, or Cloud Composer
- Familiarity with data warehouses, schema design frameworks & techniques, and BI tools
- Familiarity with retail media, CPG, or financial transaction data We recognize that many great applicants will come with differing levels of experience and backgrounds (or may not have worked with the specific tools in our stack), so if you are interested in the role and passionate about our company vision and mission, but feel discouraged because you don’t match all the items, please apply anyway – there’s a good chance you also have important skills we haven’t stated.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Work-from-home remotely, w/ occasional travel (job-dependent)
- Option to work semi-regularly in office if located near Chicago, IL or Holmdel, NJ offices
- Learning and development initiatives & assistance BANYAN is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.