Lead Engineer, Full StackApply HereContact Employer
Who You Are
We're looking for a dynamic and experienced engineer to join our team. You’re likely a great fit if: - You’ve got strong product chops, love beautiful design, are detail-oriented, are comfortable overseeing work across the stack, and ship high-quality code quickly. - You're excited to take ownership over the product, define best practices, shape our culture, and help grow our engineering team. - You’re self-motivated and can operate under a high level of ambiguity. - You delight in delighting users and can elegantly structure and decomp complex features. - You’re ready to be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from prioritization & scoping to implementation. You’re prepared to constantly weigh the need to invest in long-term improvements against the urgency of getting features out the door, as we’ll rely on your judgement and leadership. - You believe in rapid iteration, failing and continuously learning from our users to improve. You understand the tradeoffs of limited startup resources and time to market. You’re capable of prioritizing well and pivoting fast. - You enjoy providing technical mentorship to others, bringing the best out of a team, and drawing on your experience to get to the best solution. You’re not afraid to share your perspective, but you also recognize the value of collaboration and teamwork.
What You'll Do
- You'll be a member of the founding engineering team and report directly to our CEO.
- You'll work collaborate with the broader team across user research, marketing, design, product to build the highest-priority features.
- You'll build core poduct features & infrastructure, shipping code daily and iteratively.
- You’ll play a critical role in shaping our engineering and broader company culture to help make Beautyocracy the best place we’ve ever worked.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years engineering experience
- Enthusiasm for mentoring others and helping develop our engineering team
- Desire to build from 0-1 and learn what’s needed along the way
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- Experience with our current tech stack:
- Frontend: React Native
- Backend: NodeJS + Express + MongoDB + AWS
- Analytics: Segment + Google Analytics, + Mixpanel + AWS Note - If your skills lean more frontend than full stack, still apply! We are growing rapidly and, for the right person, can be flexible in the exact composition of our team.
- 100% remote (Our team works remotely and flexibly, but you’ll need to be available to collaborate on U.S. timezone–friendly hours)
- Generous equity package
- Quarterly in-person team retreats
- Unlimited vacation with minimum two weeks/year
- Health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Founding Engineer Role), introduce yourself, and tell us why you’re interested in Beautyocracy and this position, specifically. We’ll be in touch from there to continue the conversation! We're an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Diversity and inclusion aren't just lip service to us -- we walk the walk while we talk the talk.