Legal ManagerApply HereContact Employer
About the job
Bond Vet is on a mission to strengthen the human-animal bond through better pet care. We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind: warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for an experienced Legal Manager to join our team.
The Legal Manager role will be central to development of our corporate legal strategy and will interface with functional leaders across the organization, including Finance, Real Estate, Operations, Medical, Construction, and Technology. We are looking for someone with the ability to systematically mitigate risk and ensure that the company can continue to push the veterinary industry forward.
This role will also actively participate in building the strategic vision for the company and will act as a leader when driving the execution of key growth initiatives. Additionally, as the Legal Manager you will act as a thought partner to key stakeholders across our organization and will be responsible for balancing multiple work streams and priorities. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting healthcare organizations and working directly with high growth companies.
This role reports into the Vice President of Finance.
- Drive legal strategy as it relates to Operations, Finance, Growth, Intellectual Property, Technology, Real Estate, Construction, and Marketing.
- Oversee legal strategy and regulatory compliance as Bond Vet seeks to expand operations into new markets.
- Partner with our People Ops team to ensure we are complying with all state regulations related to employment.
- Support Finance team in efforts to complete fundraisings.
- Assist with lease negotiations and other real estate related matters.
- Communicate with outside counsel to efficiently handle legal items.
- Draft, negotiate, and review agreements, with vendors, strategic partners, and other parties to the company.
- Support senior management on legal aspects in corporate development initiatives.
- Manage corporate governance workstreams, including Board materials, consents, minutes, and associated processes and policies.
- Represent the company directly and/or manage outside legal counsel in regulatory enforcement or litigation matters if needed. Liaise with outside counsel to improve efficient communications and maximize value.
- Review all corporate contracts
- Provide research, legal analysis, factual information, counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues.
- Manage the relationship with outside counsel with an eye toward minimizing expense and meeting budget.
- 4+ years experience at a top Law Firm (working on transactions, counseling corporate clients)
- A JD from a top law school with the ability to practice law in New York.
- Understanding of corporate compliance.
- General knowledge of the IPO process.
- Experience with a high growth healthcare company or retail background (experience with regulatory, customer and vendor relations) strongly preferred.
- Functional knowledge of how to assist organizations in complying with local and state regulations.
- Exceptional judgment and ability to act decisively and with discretion in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making.
- Effective decision making and interpersonal skills; direct experience managing independent work-streams.
- Familiarity with insurance and risk management.
- A collaborative mindset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Support for your physical and mental wellness: 100% covered health insurance, low cost dental & vision, free memberships to One Medical, KindBody, Teladoc and Talkspace
- Time for you and loved ones: great PTO, fully paid parental leave, discounted Bond Vet services for pets
- Dedication to your financial future: competitive pay, 401k match, commuter benefits
- A place to grow: culture that is centered in learning and development, career pathing, mentorships, empowerment and trust
We’re obsessed with pets: The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
We work as a team: We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together - our team, pet owners, and the animal - and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
We communicate clearly: We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
We work happy: We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
We’re empowered: We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we. Let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.