Machine Learning EngineerApply HereContact Employer
As an early team member, you will get a chance to shape both the foundations of our product and team culture. We will measure your success by your ability to ship fast, learn quickly, and contribute to our culture of continuous improvement. Additionally, you will: - Study and transform data science prototypes - Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools - Develop machine learning applications according to requirements - Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results - Train and retrain systems when necessary - Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks - Keep abreast of developments in the field
- You're product-minded. You have a sense of excellent user experience and feel for when something is off. You love talking to your team and your customers, and you build for both.
- You're a doer. You enjoy all aspects of building a product and are comfortable taking a unique approach when necessary. You create solutions that will lead our company and our industry — on each project, every day.
- You're steadfast. You handle chaos, ambiguity, and complexity in a clear, organized way. No job is beneath you, and you lead from the front.
How we Work
We love the tools we use. Here's our go-to's. - Linear for issue tracking - GitHub as source control - Sentry for error reporting - Slack for internal communication - Notion as a knowledge base - Figma for design collaboration
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Quinn is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you need any accommodations, please inform our team upon initial connection. Requirements
Our Ideal Candidate
- 4+ years of experience at a high-growth startup, consulting firm, or top-tier investment bank
- 3+ years of Machine Learning experience; including building, deploying, and maintaining systems
- Strong work ethic, persistence, humility, and detail-orientation; ability to plan and execute independently
- Excel in startups; you come from a diverse background and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of maths, probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python, Java, and R
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Work authorization in the US