Operations Manager/ Chief of StaffApply HereContact Employer
About The Expert
Co-founded by tech entrepreneur Leo Seigal and AD100 celebrity interior designer Jake Arnold, The Expert is a fast-growing interior design and commerce platform with a mission to expand access to the best of design regardless of budget or geographic location.
The Expert recently raised a Series A round led by First Round Capital with participation from Forerunner Ventures. Other investors include Sweet Capital, Promus Ventures, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Brigette Romanek. The company has been featured in Architectural Digest, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and others.
The Expert is looking for a solutions-oriented, organized, and analytical operational team member to partner with the Vice President of Operations to manage a large assortment of business matters and tasks. This individual will be responsible for driving leverage for the VP of Ops and the wider senior leadership team across the organization as we scale. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the business center of a rapidly scaling organization disrupting the interior design and Home shopping industry.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop enhanced operational strategies to support growth including leading cross-functional processes, onboarding new tech & tools, and flagging resource needs
- Prepare for key team and company-wide meetings including weekly All-Hands, leadership team meetings, board meetings, and other ad-hoc discussions; accountable for creating materials, providing insights, and capturing and ensuring action against next steps
- Plan and facilitate both virtual and IRL business-planning and culture-building initiatives such as offsites, team meetings, etc.
- Manage outsourced HR, payroll and benefits service, and partner with Operations to define and integrate company policies and people systems
- Support administrative business needs including tax filings, insurance management, and all organizational compliance requirements
- Set process for continuous growth & improvement by guiding the weekly, monthly, and quarterly business review process and reporting
- Act as an internal consultant for the leadership team by conducting analysis on long-term and short-term projects and owning varied special projects
- Ensure project accountability for the VP of Ops and assist in ensuring direct reports remain simultaneously accountable
- Manage various administrative duties as needed
- 3-5 years of professional experience with a foundation in investment banking, management consulting, or business-strategy/ operations role at a high-growth organization
- Incredibly strong written and verbal communication; this includes being eager and able to build new relationships internally and externally in remotely collaborative environment
- Team-first mentality with a roll up your sleeves attitude to all problems and projects - no matter how big or how small
- Exceptional organization, project management, planning, and prioritization skills; the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and moving pieces in a fast-paced environment while maintaining equilibrium, improving processes to enable workflow efficiency, and driving all projects to completion
- Strong quantitative skills (Excel mandatory, SQL a plus) and the ability to work with, visualize, interpret, and present data to optimize business performance and drive swift and improved decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
At The Expert, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected category. In addition, The Expert will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.