Product Manager, Real-Time AlertsApply HereContact Employer
About the company
Applied XL is a real-time information company that combines the context of human experts with the scale of machine learning to anticipate disruptions to the health of people, places and planet. We connect and monitor disparate sources of data to transform partial perspectives into complete understanding.
In the next ten years, society will face extraordinary challenges — from the increasing probability of global pandemics to crumbling infrastructure and the effects of climate. The disruptions to come call for an urgent reassessment of how information is sourced, because good information plays a vital role in driving sustainable solutions. The resources that decision-makers currently use to gather and analyze information are siloed, often showing disparate and incomplete views of reality.
We have brought together top-tier venture capital and strategic partners at the forefront of information, emerging technology and product design who support Applied XL’s long-term vision. To learn more about us please visit https://www.appliedxl.com/
About the role
Applied XL's business intelligence platform delivers contextual, real-time alerts by detecting highly relevant shifts from public data. We are seeking to make our first Product hire, a unique opportunity to shape the company’s future and ultimately build out the product team at Applied XL.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for sprint planning in collaboration with Applied XL’s engineering team, and partner with the growth team to define feature launch strategies. In this role, we will rely on you to define, communicate and track product OKRs.
If you are obsessed with fighting information overload as much as you are about product development, we’d love to meet you!
- A complete product owner, from identifying user needs, to refining the product vision and executing the product/feature launch strategies.
- Deeply understands the needs of the customer (both our users and internal teams) and ensures that those needs are well understood by your teams and reflected in our platform.
- A track record of working with real-time, big data platforms and collaborating with engineering teams who build them
- Entrepreneurial spirit and consider yourself a strong operational thinker and a self-starter.
- Passionate about data and reliable information!
- Drive product vision, define OKRs, develop user stories and build alignment with the engineering and growth teams.
- Evaluate product expansion opportunities around premium features, enterprise capabilities and expansion to new data verticals.
- Make product decisions based on the process of data validation and user hypothesis definition.
- Gather requirements, develop product specifications and execute against them.
- Help the engineering team increase execution timelines against a roadmap that is a balanced portfolio of big bets and tactical improvements.
- Collaborate with domain specialists to ensure our curation algorithms reflect user needs and our product objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of product management experience developing software applications with search, content delivery, alerting or subscription features.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in product management, business management, analytics or equivalent.
- Knowledge of both engineering as well as UI/UX principles
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Applied XL equity
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Professional development stipend