Senior Product DesignerApply HereContact Employer
Who You Are
We're looking for an exceptional designer who wants to set an uncommonly high bar for design. You’re likely a great fit if: - You are a product designer but understand brand design and like to think and design holistically how brand and product interlinks. You work in a structured and planned way and can work without a PM (for now). - Have partnered with (and can demonstrate past partnerships with) product and engineering to launch products, especially in a startup environment. - Are comfortable prototyping and iterating on initial ideas with users and engineers until they're launched. - You have built consumer facing products from early to later stage across Web, iOS and Android. - Know how to build and maintain cohesive visual UI systems, from overall creative direction down to icon systems, motion graphics, style guides & specs. - You welcome new ideas, and approach your work with a collaborative mindset that prioritizes delivering the best experience possible for the end customer. - Have the ability to start with big ideas, identify product and design opportunities, explore them visually, and distill them into an actionable direction. - Are a great listening and communicator, in both conversations and presentations. - You're looking to join a small, early-stage team that cares about one another, cares about users, and cares about building a product that will change an industry - You want a fast-paced, loosely-structured work environment that challenges you and that you learn from, but that is also made sustainable through balance and a recognition of a life outside the company. - You care about the future of beauty or social commerce and want to shape it. - You enjoy a high sense of ownership and agency.
What You'll Do
- You will be our sole designer for the next 6-12 months leading all aspects of design for the team and working closely with the CEO. You must be adaptable, efficient and autonomous to succeed at this role.
- You will set and create the design across the Beautyocracy platform Web app, iOS, Android, website. This is an opportunity to set direction from day 1. You will be responsible for managing the initial design process and any subsequent updates post initial design.
- You will design our platform from prototype level to end product.
- You will build and lead the product design team and its culture.
- You will help millions of women of color shop beauty better, and connect under-the-rader brands to the consumers they’ve been searching for.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of design experience.
- Expertise with design systems.
- A firm understanding of best practices for responsive web design.
- Experience with prototyping and conducting user research.
- Deep experience with A/B testing suites and methodologies.
- Fluency in Figma.
- Proven track record of designing and shipping.
- A hunger to learn, take responsibility and grow your skills.
- Be an advocate for design, with an understanding and ability to articulate how it helps reach business goals.
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions.
- Expertise in using color, style, iconography, web typography, information design, and visual hierarchy to clarify data, indicate relationships, and hint at behavior
- This is a contract to hire position, under an exclusive contract, structured around the design of our new website and beta app (3 months). If there’s mutual fit at project end, the role will immediately shift to full-time.
- 100% remote (Our team works remotely and flexibly, but you’ll need to be available to collaborate on U.S. timezone–friendly hours)
- Quarterly in-person team retreats
- Full-time hires receive: competitive seed series salary, generous equity package, unlimited vacation with minimum two weeks/year, and health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Senior Designer Role), introduce yourself, and tell us why you’re interested in Beautyocracy and this position, specifically. We’ll be in touch from there to continue the conversation! We're an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Diversity and inclusion aren't just lip service to us -- we walk the walk while we talk the talk.