Senior Product DesignerApply HereContact Employer
About the role:
As our first in-house designer, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the direction and focus of everything we build while establishing the foundations of our product for future designers. You’ll also work with our team of world-class therapists and software engineers to build a reactive, multiplayer experience that helps couples build deeper relationships. We are looking for someone who is organized, confident, creative, and passionate about what we do. Design has been a priority and core value on our team from Day 1 - we believe it’s a crucial first step to de-stigmatizing relationship health and increasing accessibility. This is a foundational role on our team and a core pillar of our overall strategy. We’re looking for someone who can create pixel perfect click-through Figma prototypes with blazing speed. Someone who can take a problem and own the entire process of research, ideation, and testing. Someone who can help us solve today’s issues while building for the years to come.
What you’ll do:
You will play an integral leadership role by owning the entire design process, from strategy to research to execution and iteration. You’ll work closely with our founders and Head of Engineering and have the opportunity to impact everything we do. You will... - Take problem statements and turn them into interactive mockups - Conduct usability research and interviews - Work with engineering to build excellent user interfaces - Establish design guidelines and documentation - Lead design brainstorming sessions with the rest of the team to iterate on ideas - Design reactive (interactive) user interfaces that are engaging for couples in both product and marketing use cases - Own design across the company, including internally and externally as needed - Build a team
Examples of specific challenges you might work on:
- Building interactive games where couples use their phones to interact with a 3rd screen
- Brainstorming intuitive ways to get the couple to finish out their experience
- Designing how to best visually represent relational health throughout the program
- Building an immersive async first couples therapy experience that doesn’t feel like a course
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Motivated by and passionate about making a long-term difference in the world, for both individual couples as well as society as a whole through the relationship health movement. A deep care for relationships and a desire to challenge stigma around mental, emotional and relationship health
- An ownership mindset with incredibly high standards for pixel perfect excellence with extreme dedication to building a legendary product and experience through high-quality, empathetic design
- Excitement around supporting design across the company, including in marketing and internal initiatives as needed
- 2-5 years experience as a product designer, including extensive experience with Figma and producing interactable prototypes
- A clear and methodical approach to design, including comfort with user research and usability tests
- Experience designing consumer facing applications, ideally at an early stage startup
- Excellent and direct communicator that can explain the reasoning behind decisions, options, and proposals
- A holistic thinker, focused on improving every aspect of the experience, including the tiny ones :) 💡 Interested in applying, but not sure if this position is for you? Reach out anyways and let’s talk.
Why you’ll love working with OURS:
- We care about design and prioritize it
- We are a small but mighty and growing team that is hyper passionate and obsessed with what we’re building together and making real impact on people’s daily lives. We view this as a sacred responsibility
- We’re a venture-backed, first mover in the couples therapy space and are reinventing how the industry works
- We operate in a fast-paced, innovative environment that challenges the status quo to own the societal conversation around relationship health and deliver an excellent and life-changing experience
- You’ll be a core part of the OURS founding team and will assume an enormous amount of responsibility and pride
- We are highly collaborative, in it together and constantly learning from each other and challenging each other to do our best work
- We are a remote and flexible team. What matters to us is output and impact, and we believe in creating an environment where every single person on our team can be their best selves both at and outside of work
- We have a deep amount of love and respect for everyone on our team and truly love and enjoy working together
What it’s like to work at OURS:
The hiring process at OURS:
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer.
We do not discriminate. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of OURS not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignments, benefits, layoff, and termination.