Senior UX ResearcherApply HereContact Employer
At Disco, we are looking for teammates who want to use their skills and experience to build the future of identity in the metaverse. We will enable users to own and control their data and bring their reputation with them across web3 experiences, while maintaining privacy and autonomy. As a part of our growing team, you will be able to contribute to the emerging global technology and standards of decentralised identity, storage and privacy.
In this role, you will:
- Explore the complexities of the self-sovereign identity space to simplify it
- Partner with designers, product managers, and stakeholders to identify open questions
- Plan, manage, and conduct research studies to explore those open questions and identify user needs and inform persona development
- Evaluate and validate early designs through usability testing (via an Alpha or Beta program)
- Prioritize research needs across multiple areas to focus on highest impact
- Ensure impact by delivering actionable insights and opportunities
- Communicate research findings effectively to the rest of the organization, evolving Disco’s understanding of users
- Enable product managers, designers, and engineers to make insight-driven decisions, to prioritize in the face of constraints, and to gauge the impact of their work
- Establish the research discipline at Disco, evangelizing research practices
What you have:
- Experience conducting complex research using a variety of methodologies, with expertise in qualitative research
- Ability to devise flexible and scrappy research methodologies, tailored to the needs and constraints of the project
- Ability to deliver insights that impact product strategies and roadmaps
- Strong collaboration skills with experience bringing cross-functional stakeholders into the research process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, applied effectively with customers and colleagues
- Commitment to quality and a desire to grow alongside our company.
- Background in anthropology, sociology, or ethnography
- 5+ years experience as a researcher in the digital product space
We are a lean team excited and passionate about building the user-empowered metaverse. We are devoted identity zealots, and we prioritize autonomy and trust in all aspects of our operations. We are remote first, and plan time multiple opportunities each year to travel and spend time together. We have no formal vacation policy, but mandate that all teammates take at least one week per year away from work. We believe that everyone can do their best work when they are able to take time occasionally to rest and recharge. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team as this directly impacts the actualisation of our vision of a self-sovereign future. Building tools for the global citizens of the future means that respect, open communication, compassion and collaboration underpin everything we do. Everyone is viewed as an owner and we offer competitive pay & benefits regardless of gender, race & location.