Strategy & Operations ManagerApply HereContact Employer
Hi, we're Nuts.com!
We're changing the landscape of snacking on nuts, dried fruit, chocolate and more! We planted our roots in Newark, New Jersey during the Great Depression, selling premium nuts on Mulberry Street's open-air market. We've come quite a long way since then, taking our multi-generational family business online in 1999. Even after 93 years, we continue to pride ourselves in expertly sourcing the highest quality foods and treating our customers like family. What's our team like? We're driven, collaborative and entrepreneurial. Energy and passion power our business and we look for candidates who share in that excitement to help us continue to build something special.
As the Strategy & Operations Manager, you will execute exciting strategic projects, lead analyses that will drive the business forward, and enable critical cross-functional collaboration across the Commercial, Operations, and Product & Engineering teams. You will utilize your excellent organizational skills and process-oriented thinking to drive the successful execution of cross-functional and strategic projects. You will also produce analyses that will directly influence commercial and operational decisions. You're a great communicator, both written and verbal, and a collaborator that can build relationships across different teams and functions as well as with customers. You enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously and can thrive when asked to work independently. No job is too small - you get in the details and make sure things are done to your high standards.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage your strategic toolkit to develop frameworks, solutions, and action plans for growth opportunities and business optimization
- Design, build, and execute strategic initiatives in growth areas of the business like Gifting and Business-to-Business (B2B). This could include things like quarterbacking new partnerships, building go-to-market plans for new products, or overseeing the execution of new capabilities. You will drive the solution, getting in the weeds to do whatever needs to be done for projects to be successful.
- Compile data from multiple sources to conduct analyses & derive insights for the commercial team, to influence critical commercial decisions (ex. pricing, whether to pursue an opportunity)
- Build and manage dashboards for KPI reporting, deriving insights and communicating them to all levels of the company, including senior leadership
- Develop and track the performance of programs, lead program management team meetings, identify cross-functional dependencies, create roadmaps and lead all teams to reach key milestones.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable discipline
- At least 3+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / business operations / technology / banking / high-growth e-commerce; early-stage startup experience is advantageous
- Microsoft Excel mastery (can perform complex functions) and comfort pulling (or learning to pull) data in Looker
- Knowledge of Google apps especially Google Sheets and Google Docs
- Experience leading projects end-to-end, and working successfully and collaboratively with other teams/departments
- Ability to translate high-level goals into relevant plans
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to effectively communicate with and motivate everyone from senior management to warehouse associates
- A desire to make an impact on a large and growing organization
- A passion for our products and our customers - you champion a “customer first” mindset
**We have a hybrid work environment in our beautiful and state of the art office in Jersey City**
What we offer:
- A challenging role in a rapidly evolving business
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and 401K Match
- Paid Maternity, Adoption and Paternity leave
- And all the Nuts.com snacks your heart desires + a 40% employee discount
Nuts.com is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.